From all the staff at Mini U, Happy New Year to everyone!
2016 Mini U Summer Camp Dates
We’re currently in the process of planning for 2016, including setting our dates and programs, and finalizing our registration guide. The guide will be available towards the end of March, and registrations will open around the same time.
While nothing is set in stone yet, Mini U will be running similar programming to last year (you can find our 2015 registration guide here: http://miniu.brandonu.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/MiniURegistrationGuide.pdf), with the exception of not having a short first week program; we’ll be starting on July 4, with programming similar to last year’s “Week 2” sessions.
Overall, Mini University 2016 will run from July 4 to September 2:
- Junior Chipmunks and Junior Moose will each run for 7 one-week sessions, from July 4 to August 19.
- Senior Mini U will run for 4 one-week sessions, from July 4 to July 29.
- The one-week specialty camps sessions will begin August 2. (Dates for our Horse Sense Camps are TBD.)
- Our popular Back to School Blast camp returns for one-week sessions the last two weeks of camp.
(However, please note that dates and programs for Mini U 2016 summer camp are not finalized yet and may be subject to change.)
2016 Spring Break Camp
Once again, Mini U is offering Spring Break programming for ages 7-15, from March 28 to April 1, 2016:
- Minecraft Builders (9 AM – 12 PM): Using Creative mode, campers are given building design challenges to complete as part of a team, and will work together to create structures like castles, towers, hotels, mansions and even airships, and then decorate them with dozens of types of furnishings.
- Minecraft Survivors (1 PM – 4 PM): Using Survival mode, campers must work together to survive and thrive in the harsh new world. While newbies are welcome, new game mods and a devious instructor will also challenge the most veteran Minecrafter.
Both programs are for ages 7-15, based on a child’s age as of March 28. Campers can come for just the morning, just the afternoon, or both. Full-day campers stay for a supervised lunch time (please send a nut-free bagged lunch).
- Tuition Cost: $110 for a 5 half-day session (AM or PM) and $220 for the 5 full-day session.
- Location: Brandon University, Education Building, Room 05 (04 during lunch time) [Click here for a campus map]
- Full-day: Between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM
- AM-only: Between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM
- PM-only: 1:00 PM
- Before Care (optional, $15 per week): Between 7:30 AM and 9:00 AM
- Full-day: Between 4:00 PM and 4:30 PM
- AM-only: 12:00 PM
- PM-only: Between 4:00 PM and 4:30 PM
- After Care (optional, $15 per week): Between 4:00 PM and 5:30 PM
As of January 19, online registrations for Spring Break camp will open in the next week once our database’s transition to 2016 is complete. Details to follow soon.
For new families, register your new CampMinder account at: https://miniu.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/camper/App
For returning families, login to your existing CampMinder account at: https://miniu.campintouch.com/v2/login/login.aspx
To pay for your online registration by credit card, please call 204-727-7311 with your card information (please DO NOT leave a voicemail with your card information).
To pay by cash (exact change only please) or by cheque, visit our office in the Healthy Living Centre (basement Room 003). Current office hours of operation are posted on our website (top left sidebar).
Finally, note that spots in our programs are only reserved once we have received payment.
Have any questions or concerns? Feel free to contact us at 204-727-7311, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax at 204-727-7491.