Current Job Postings:
Mini University is now accepting applications for Instructors (PSAC classification Student Assistant I) in a variety of core areas for our 2017 summer camp, including:
- Junior Chipmunks Instructors (Pre-K to K)
- Junior Turtles Instructors (Grade 1)
- Junior Moose (Grade 2)
- Senior Instructors (Grade 3-8)
- Head Instructor
- School Promotions Leader
- Camp Photographer
- Course Supplies Staff
- Registration Staff
- Camper Attendance Leader
Mini University is also accepting applications for Volunteer Teacher Assistants through the same online application system.
Any potential offer of employment is contingent on submission of the following:
- A Criminal Record Check (form available here for Brandon residents; for anyone else, please consult your local RCMP office);
- A Child Abuse Registry Check (form available here); and,
- Valid certification in at least Emergency CPR/First Aid (Level C; includes infant, child and adult). Note that Mini U often arranges an instructor for CPR/First Aid on two nights during staff training in June.
The above applies to new staff. Returning staff DO NOT need new record checks, provided you have remained a student at Brandon University the entire time since the last time you worked at Mini U (note: your CPR/First Aid must still be valid). All fees for background checks and certification are at applicant’s own expense. Note that volunteers are also responsible for submitting Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks to Mini U, but are not required to have CPR/First Aid.
- At least two (2) references are required with your application (for new staff).
- Please make sure to provide the reference’s e-mail address AND phone number (preferably for their work place).
- Inform your references that they will receive an automated e-mail questionnaire once you submit an online application. The questionnaire can be completed at their leisure. Follow-up by Mini U staff may be done by e-mail or phone.
- Mini University conducts rolling hiring and interviews from February to June each year, so the earlier you submit your application, the better.
- Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for employment for the 2017 season of Mini University:
- Check out our job posting on the Brandon University jobs page for details: https://www.brandonu.ca/jobs/job/instructor-mini-u/
- Apply using our online application process (required). You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your application is submitted. If you need to log back in to complete your application, go to our account login page and use the e-mail address and password you gave at the start of the process.
- E-mail a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to your complete online application (required). Address to: Dr. Nancy Stanley, Director, Mini University.