Once again, Mini U is offering Spring Break programming from March 26 to 29, 2018 (Monday – Thursday). This year, with generous funding for staff and equipment from the Government of Canada’s CanCode program and Actua’s Codemakers program, Mini U is bringing coding and digital skill learning to Brandon and area participants in a big way.
Two sections of Spring Break are available: 1) Junior Codemakers Spring Break (for grades K-2), and 2) Senior Codemakers Spring Break (for grades 3-8).
- Junior Codemakers Spring Break (AM, PM, or both): Powered by Actua’s Codemakers, this camp features both favorite Junior games crafts and movement activities from past years, as well as brand-new digital skills learning activities including age-appropriate robotics, pixel art and game design.
- Senior Codemakers Spring Break (AM, PM, or both): Powered by Actua’s Codemakers, this camp features brand-new digital skills learning activities including robotics and Minecraft. The AM section will include digital music design, while the PM section will include some coding and the new sport Archery Tag, which combines elements of dodgeball and archery with paintball-grade masks, low-powered bows and foam arrows.
Campers can attend just the AM, the PM, or both, as activities are varied between morning and afternoon. For half-day campers, please send a snack. Full-day campers stay for a supervised lunch time (please send a nut-free bagged lunch).
- Tuition Cost: $90 for a 4 half-day session (AM or PM) and $180 for the 4 full-day session.
- Location: Brandon University, Education Building, Room 05 (grades 3-8) or Room 07 (grades K-2) [Click here for a campus map]
- Full-day: Between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM
- AM-only: Between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM
- PM-only: 1:00 PM
- Before Care (optional, $15 per week): Between 7:30 AM and 9:00 AM
- Full-day: Between 4:00 PM and 4:30 PM
- AM-only: 12:00 PM
- PM-only: Between 4:00 PM and 4:30 PM
- After Care (optional, $15 per week): Between 4:00 PM and 5:30 PM
Registrations for Spring Break open Wednesday, January 31 at 9:00 AM.
For new families, register your new CampMinder account at: https://miniu.brandonu.ca.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/camper/App
For returning families, login to your existing CampMinder account at: https://miniu.brandonu.ca.campintouch.com/v2/login/login.aspx
To pay for your online registration by credit card, please call 204-727-7311 with your card information (please DO NOT leave a voicemail with your card information).
To pay by cash (exact change only please) or by cheque, visit our office in the Healthy Living Centre (basement Room 003). Current office hours of operation are posted on our website (top left sidebar).
Finally, note that spots in our programs are only reserved once we have received payment.
Have any questions or concerns? Feel free to contact us at 204-727-7311, by e-mail at email@example.com, or by fax at 204-727-7491.