Current Job Postings:
Starting in January, Mini University will be accepting applications for various positions in our 2022 summer camp, including:
- Camp Leader
- Junior Chipmunks Instructors (Pre-K to K)
- Junior Turtles Instructors (Grade 1)
- Junior Moose (Grade 2)
- Senior Instructors (Grade 3-8)
- School Promotions Leader
- Camp Photographer
- Course Supplies Staff
- Registration Staff
- Camper Attendance Leader
Any potential offer of employment is contingent on submission of the following:
- A Criminal Record Check (form available here for Brandon residents; for anyone else, please consult your local RCMP office);
- A Child Abuse Registry Check (form available here); and,
- Valid certification in at least Emergency CPR/First Aid (Level C; includes infant, child and adult). Note that Mini U often arranges an instructor for CPR/First Aid on two nights during staff training in June.
The above applies to new staff. Returning staff DO NOT need new record checks, provided you have remained a student at Brandon University the entire time since the last time you worked at Mini U (note: your CPR/First Aid must still be valid). All fees for background checks and certification are at applicant’s own expense. Note that 18+ volunteers are also responsible for submitting Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks to Mini U, but are not required to have CPR/First Aid.
- At least three (3) references are required with your application (for new staff).
- Please make sure to provide the reference’s e-mail address AND phone number (preferably for their work place).
- Inform your references that they will receive an automated e-mail questionnaire once you submit an online application. The questionnaire can be completed at their leisure. Follow-up by Mini U staff may be done by e-mail or phone.
- Mini University conducts rolling hiring and interviews from January to June each year, so the earlier you submit your application, the better.
- Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for employment for the 2022 season of Mini University:
- Starting in January, check out our job posting(s) on the Brandon University jobs page for details: https://www.brandonu.ca/jobs/
- Apply using our online application process (required). You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your application is submitted. If you need to log back in to complete your application, go to our account login page and use the e-mail address and password you gave at the start of the process.
- E-mail a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to your complete online application (required). Address to: Dr. Nancy Stanley, Director, Mini University.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position and advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Short-listed candidates will be expected to provide credentials at time of interview. Please include in your application the names and contact information of two references.
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at 204-727-9782 or email@example.com.